Monday, January 3, 2011

Blogging Begins

Maybe no one will ever read this blog, but I feel it will provide me with a chance to vent about how much I despise a messy house and I hate cleaning it. I have played many games in the past to motivate myself to clean. Using timers, apps and systems, I have tried to get a handle on my housework for years. I have a husband and two children and it seems the minute I accomplish something it gets undone. Things I love to do get pushed away because of the guilt I feel about my house. I am not a candidate for the show Hoarders. In fact, I love to get rid of things that I don't use or don't love. I think it is just a matter of motivation.  I am a graduate student and I work as a substitute teacher. I never know if I will be working on a given day or find myself with a day to do chores. It makes it very difficult.  During the school semester, most of my time is taken up doing homework.
My free time to do chores on my day off is between 9:30 and 2.  I get back to the house from dropping my daughter off at 9:30 and I have to leave around 2 to get my son from school.  After I drop him off at home I have to go get my daughter and go to work at an after school care facility. Once I am home it's dinner, homework and bedtime. 
I haven't been sleeping well lately. I might as well say that there is an elusive spider in my room that seems to only attack me.  I sleep on the couch most nights but I cannot get a restful nights sleep.  So, it is very difficult for me to be motivated to clean during the few hours I have free to do so. 
The weekends are very busy as well and it always seems my husband and I are marathon cleaning and we are both angry with the other for the mess. 
I have a new plan that I hope will help bring peace and cleanliness to my home, prepare me for my upcoming semester and help to teach my children, as I learn, how to keep up with daily needs of a house, so that they never have to dig themselves out of a cluttered home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment